Jobs for Pipe and Coating Inspectors
Pro Inspection Ltd is a family based business that grew into a corporation. The reasons for the founding of Pro Inspection Ltd. are evident just by looking at a map. The pipelines that cross the borders of Canada and the United States of America are transporting vital resources. The protection of these environments created the necessity of getting pipe and coatings inspected thoroughly.
The inspection industry, is inspired by environmentally sensitive minds. The team at Pro Inspection Ltd. work with some of the biggest oil and gas corporations in the world. Many of these companies are crucial to Canada & America’s economies.
At Pro Inspection Ltd., we hire certified employees and nurture them. We add training, safety awareness and equipment that is always calibrated. Many of our employees have been with us for decades. That loyalty and trust is a two way street. Our reputation is built upon the quality of our pipe and coating inspectors. Call us and join our team today!
NOW HIRING CERTIFIED COATING INSPECTORS
Pro Inspection Ltd. is looking for NACE Certified Level 2 & 3 coating inspectors to either become an employee or provide sub-contractor services throughout North America.
The Pro Inspection Ltd. Coating Division is responsible for a wide range of coating inspection assignments for all our various clients. Coating inspection assignments range from shop inspections of internal and external coated piping, tanks, vessels and speciality equipment. Field inspections often involve on-site coating evaluations of tanks and vessels, on-site coating of new or in-service equipment and girth weld coating inspections on new build pipelines.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Review the project specific scope of inspection, the governing documents and communicate any observations from the review process prior to project start-up.
- Verify the proper use and calibration of inspection instruments as described in the Inspection Quality Manual.
- Perform hold point inspections of pre-blast surface condition to NACE SP0-178, surface preparation and coating inspection in accordance with the client approved specifications, ITP’s and CSA governing standards.
- Strong communication skills are a valuable asset. Must be able to communicate issues to all parties involved in the project.
- Must be able to communicate with the client and company support staff via email or phone call, regarding Project status and/or Quality concerns.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills when dealing with vendors and clients.
- Must have a flexible schedule and must be able to coordinate with vendors. Short notice or rush projects are a regular occurrence in this position.
- Must have a strong safety mindset.
Coating Inspector Requirements:
- Minimum NACE Certified Level 2 inspector required, with preference for NACE Level 3.
- Valid First Aid, H2S and Confined Space are pre-employment requirements.
- Sub-contractors must have two million dollar liability insurance & WCB coverage.
- Strong computer skills and using Microsoft Office Suite.
If you are interested, please send your resume including a list of your Certificates and/or Qualifications. Pay will be based on experience.
Please note that due to the volume of responses, we cannot consider candidates who do not provide a current resume or valid Certifications and Qualifications.