Pipe Division Description
The pipe division is responsible for inspection pertaining to the following:
- Mill inspection (Q.A.) of line pipe including UT, Weld, Bench, Finishing, and Loading.
- Inspection is offered on all stages of the process in the mill and our presence can be tailored to meet our customer’s needs ranging from audit to resident inspection.
- Loading and receiving inspection.
- Other jobs as required by the customer – just call and ask!
Pipe Division – Why Inspection?
The cost of inspection becomes negligible once a failure has occurred.
- For example – an effective line pipe inspection package can cost from $0.25 to $0.50 per meter. This inspection cost is probably recovered just by reducing field construction costs ensuring that the obvious problems are corrected before leaving the manufacturing facility.