Pipe Division Description
The pipe division is responsible for inspection pertaining to the following:
- Mill inspection (Q.A.) of line pipe including: NDT, Hydro Testing, Welding inspection, Traceability, Lab (mechanical) testing, Bench (visual inspection), Finishing (Pipe Coating, MTR Review), and Loading/Receiving inspection.
- Raw material inspection through the whole manufacturing process including final inspection and pipe coating, we are here to assist our customers in assuring the right product for the application.
- Pipe and Coating mill Surveillance assures our clients that the pipe or steel being produced and coating applications are all in compliance with the required specifications, codes or standards.
- Use of our own tracking systems and the mill’s internal system to track activities, including the tracking of any non-conformities, and pipe pass/fail criteria throughout the essential mill stations according to specification.
- Vendor audits of quality control systems to ensure that the vendor’s work is in compliance with their quality control manuals
- Other jobs as required by the customer – just call and ask!
The cost of inspection becomes negligible once a failure has occurred.
- For example – an effective line pipe inspection package can cost from $0.25 to $0.50 per meter. This inspection cost is probably recovered just by reducing field construction costs ensuring that the obvious problems are corrected before leaving the manufacturing facility.